Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Unfortunate Pedometer Incident

It all began on Christmas morning - Nat King Cole on the stereo, everyone in their pajamas, Christmas paper all over the floor, the smell of pine (from a candle), and a happy family exchanging gifts. It was my turn to open presents and much to my delight I received a pedometer. I love counting and lists and keeping track of all sorts of things (I get this from my mother who knows exactly how many Christmas cookies she makes each year). The first time I used my pedometer it didn't register my steps properly - my fault. The second time I used it, it dropped (twice) and it didn't register my steps properly - not my fault. The third time I was bound and determined to get it right. I placed the pedometer in my hand (securely) and walked a distance that I was sure was 1.5 miles. As I walked I felt the little weight inside go up when I swung my arm forward. I was so sure it was working properly that I didn't even look at it until I got home. Much to my surprise it registered .75 miles. WHAT??!! I went over the route in my head. I went over the motions of walking in my head. I wondered what could go wrong. I then realized that it only counted 1/2 of my walk. Why? Ahh, because it counted on the up swing of my arm, not the down swing - only every other step. That is when the unfortunate incident happened. The pedometer fell . . . under my foot . . . six times . . . but I only counted it as three times . . . I feel better.

4 comments:

Parsley said...

LOL That pedometer might be (or might HAVE been) a politician in training.

Life Adapted said...

Parsley, now wouldn't it be something if politicians in training could fall under your feet : )

Thanks for reading along.
Be blessed!

:)De said...

ROFL! Well, if the pedometer is not doing it's job of helping you count steps, at least it is providing loads of comic relief.

Peace

Life Adapted said...

True that :)De (I've got to stop hanging around teenager boys or at least stop using their expressions)

Be blessed!