Sunday, January 10, 2010

Walk Much?

So, even though it is about 25 degrees outside, the sun is shining and I decided to go for a walk. I figured out why the pedometer was not registering my steps. I had it clipped to my jacket under my winter coat and it couldn't bounce up and down in between the two coats. This time I clipped it to the waist band of my sweatpants. With these hips 'a-swingin' there would be no doubt that it would register. I walked down the hill (resolution #4 - to challenge myself) and began to worry if indeed the pedometer was registering. I didn't want to unzip my coat so I shimmied it up, lifted my sweatshirt, pulled at the waistband of my sweatpants and tried to see the numbers. However, my cold and clumsy fingers let go of the waist band and it went snapping back into place causing the pedometer to fly off and hit the ground. I kid you not, I can't make this stuff up. When it hit the ground the back popped off and the battery fell out and rolled down the pavement. I fumbled around, got the whole thing put back together, back to 00 and 00. "Okay," I tell myself, "I'm about a third of the way, whatever it registers from here I'll divide by 2 and times by 3." I clipped the pedometer to the top of my outside jacket and I started walking again. I saw in the street a copy of Thursday's newspaper which my daughter writes for. Her latest article is on the top of the front page. I figured if it was in the street and it's Sunday, it must not be wanted. Should I take it? Really, I'd just be picking up litter, who would scold me for that? I'd love an extra copy of her article. As I bent down (no one around to spy me) to pick up (it's very quiet) the newspaper . . . 3 DOGS RAN OUT OF NO WHERE BARKING UP A STORM! I jumped up and the pedometer went flying off my coat, hit the ground, the battery fell out and I am back to zero. Again, I must ask, why doesn't the universe want me to know how far I've walked???

3 comments:

:)De said...

I hope you are laughing 'cause I'd love to be laughing with you. But if you are not laughing....neither am I!!!

I think at this point I would just track it in the car the next time I went out, but that's why I look like me. Hmfff!

Peace

Life Adapted said...

I am laughing now :)De! Thanks for your support and friendship. Maybe some day we can walk together, or maybe I'll walk and you can drive along side of me, counting the miles!

Be blessed!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Sounds like a watch I USE to have.