Friday, January 18, 2008

It all started with the sewing machine

Really, all I wanted to do was move the sewing machine so occasionally I can sew. Maybe make some pretty curtains or place mats. All that this required was that my husband move a desk from his office to our bedroom. I just needed to move a bookcase which meant I had to consolidate the books to the living room bookcase, which meant I had to move those pretty Christmas dishes, which meant I needed that pretty hutch from my husband's office moved upstairs, which meant I needed to sell that stupid (sorry honey) beer mug collection. Then I moved the piano books, which meant I needed to move those pretty linens, which meant I needed to move the clock, which meant I needed to move the lamp. . .then, I fell into bed, exhausted and my husband came in and asked, "Where is the sewing machine?" to which I replied, "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, is that how this all started?" to which he replied, "I guess so, and by the way, why are there paint cans in my office?" to which I replied, "Really, all I wanted to do was move the sewing machine so occasionally I can sew. . . maybe after we paint, I'll make pretty curtains for your office." to which he replied, "We!" to which I replied, "You caught that, huh?" to which he replied, "Can I just buy you some curtains?" to which I replied, "What fun would that be????" to which he didn't reply. "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." Proverbs 17:28

No comments: