Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kids!!!!

For those of you who care (all both of you), I am going to attend the campus tour with my daughter. And yes, I'll sit in on the youth min. class. And yes, I'll go to Chapel service. And yes, I'll visit the dorms. And yes, I'll meet her admissions counselor. . .I'll lend myself to whatever she wants to see and I'll see it, too. I'll keep my opinion guarded, but I'll go. So, I'm thinking, wow, me and my daughter on an adventure together. 1,200 miles away from home, and from the dog, the cats, the kitchen, the dusting, the vacuuming. . .wow, just me and my daughter in the Ozarks, for five days. . .wow, somebody will make my bed and cook my meals. . .wow, me and my daughter talking and laughing together, visiting new places and seeing new sights. We can visit a museum or go see a chick flick, find a Starbucks, just then my daughter came in and interrupted my thoughts. I said in an excited voice, "Oh honey, we'll have a great trip, just you and me, we'll bond!!" She replied, "Okay mom, but not on the plane, I have a book I want to read." Kids!!! Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. You will probably always remember this. Enjoy. It's great fun growing with a daughter. Very exciting.
Nice time to share. Let us know all about it.