Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thanks for the compliment.

Last night I received the nicest compliment ever. I am on the proverbial cloud nine. I'm still not over it. Can you imagine what made me feel so good? Well, it was not a compliment on my looks, I'm far from beautiful. It wasn't on my shapely and thin body (I haven't been thin since I quit smoking back in 1986 - was I even thin then or did I just think I was thin because I told myself daily that I was?? Yesterday a friend of mine told me her pants were tight because she was bloated and since she entered the lovely stage of peri-menopause that she gets bloated for longer periods of time. I told her I knew exactly how she felt and that I have been bloated since 2004. But now I am digressing). Last night my family and I prepared and served a meal at a soup kitchen with a beautiful group of volunteers who have shown me how wonderful it is to be the hands of Jesus. A gentleman there last night said to me, "These sloppy joes are the best I ever had, they are the best sloppy joes in the world, they are better even than at the Waldorf Astoria." Imagine that. . .I wonder if the chef at the Waldorff Astoria wants my recipe.

No comments: