Monday, January 14, 2008

Who said snow?

What a disappointment! After a prediction of 6 to 8 inches of snow we got gobbity (that means nothing from where I come from). Really, how hard is it to predict the weather properly? My Aunt Millie could do it better and she is 94 and sings happy birthday to all her visitors. If her sciatica hurts, we'll have rain. If her hip hurts too, snow. If it hurts her bad, 6 to 8 inches. Aunt Millie felt pretty good last night. For a weather forecaster's salary of $50,000 I would predict the weather, make the lunches, do the dishes, vacuum the floors, change the sheets - ooh wait, that's what I do at home for free. Really, Aunt Millie will do it for half that salary and sing happy birthday for no extra charge. Who wouldn't tune in to watch my Aunt Millie. You may be thinking, "No harm done. So they predicted the weather wrong, again. No biggy." It is a biggy, I was so geared up to having a snow day. That would mean no public school for one of my children and no homeschooling for the others. Do you know what we do on snow days? Nothing. No voice or guitar lessons, no CAP, no school work, no running to the library or the bank or the post office. Sometimes we bake, sometimes we watch a movie, sometimes we catch up on our reading, sometimes we play a game, but we always spend the time together, in the house, in each others company, praising God for the seasons. Oh well, no more time to blog today, I've got work to do. . .Praise You God for the seasons and for Aunt Millie's good night.

No comments: