Monday, January 28, 2008

Yay Me

I love giving credit to folks who do a great job. It gives me pleasure to say, "Hey, good job." I love it even more when it's someone I love. I'm such a people watcher, so I observe a lot of things, things that less detailed people may miss. So, when I see something that impresses me, I get excited and I want to give credit to the ones who have impressed me. So here's an observation that both pleased and surprised me. My husband and I did a great job raising our daughter. She is poised and mature and funny and interesting. Her talents and intellect come directly from God and I don't want to take credit for anything that is a gift from her Creator. I do, however, want to say, "Hey, good job" to my husband and myself. All those nights of brainstorming "creative parenting" strategies, the many books we read (Knowing Your Baby, The One Year Old, The Two Year Old, The Three Year Old. . . etc.) has really paid off. I am so impressed with my daughter and how she has responded to the consistent parenting she received, even when she wholeheartedly disagreed. To my husband, "Thanks, you done good!" To God, "Thanks and praises!" To my daughter, "You are amazing!" To me, "Yay me!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job!!! Keep it up!

Thank you Jesus for your whole family.